Monday, December 29, 2008

Let Dreams Be Dreams

So, interesting dream last night, and all these college essays are reminding me how much I enjoy creative writing…

 

I found myself in a mystical land. The grass is extremely pretty. There is a castle sitting on a cliff by the shoreline. Very happy place, Disney like. A tree near the castle has branches spread out like a hammock and in that hammock lays a statue. I walk towards the castle, of course I’m a disembodied mass as this dream occurs in the third person, unlike some books we know, and I see that this statue is made out of chocolate and is actually the mascot for Burger King.

“The King” lays in a seductive pose. Head propped up on one arm, other arm hanging loosely by his hip. His legs are open, the feet are touching, both knees are bent, but the leg on top is upright, forming a triangle-shape with his legs. Out of nowhere I am transported into the ocean abroad and I am on a ship. There is a couple, Bell(a) and the Beast. But of course the rose is no longer an issue so now the Beast has changed his name to Edward. They are deeply in love with each other and are sailing along to form a kingdom of their own. They see the castle and head for shore.

Right when they anchor in, The King poofs out of nowhere with his queen and three children and challenges Edward and Bell to a challenge, or rather just Bell, if he wins, he keeps Bell as his maid, if Bell wins, she can leave with Edward. But there’s a catch, the whole time Edward is restrained to the one cabin on the ship.

Yeah my dreams are a bit trippy, so I missed all the competitions and perhaps the most vivid part of my dream is Bell’s trek back to the ship. For some reason it is a beautiful day out as the end of all Disney movies are, but the dock to the ship is SUPER windy and it’s ridiculously hard to Bell to make her way. I’m pretty sure during this part, five hours of real life time passed, but who knows. But Bell is struggling her way to meet back with Edward, but Edward has no idea what’s going on, he’s just sitting in his little Captain’s lodge sullenly hoping that Bell(a) wins the competition. Of course Bell is screaming for Edward, but her voice is blown away with the wind.

Finally Bell(a) and Edward are reunited and they hug. The feeling of love permeated the atmosphere so much and my disembodied third person felt engaged. The hug so tight, so lasting, then…. “OHHHH, it’s been a hard day’s night, and I been workin’ like a doogg, it’s been a hard day’s night, I should be sleeping like a loggg.”


And I wake up, the feeling of love, now empty, but the song still playing in my head.



'When I'm home, feeling you holding me tight, TIGHT, YEAH'

- The Beatles

 

1 comment:

liz said...

haha wow that was quite a dream...oh the effects of watching twilight :)